Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Under Another Silvery Moon

Under Another Silvery Moon

by Seah Greenhorn
(Poem with copyright)



Strumming strings
slowly

evokes

watery reflections
of you,

me
your guitar.

The soft gentleness
in your stroke.

The lost,
the lack of
created

now craved

indifference provoked.

Your tears
long muted in song
awash anew
my eyes
in sorrow

your departure
my forlorn

sighing

resembling wintry winds
howling

through twilight memories.

Rustling and shivering
my spirit
uneasy.

Diseased.

My heart still quivers
at your willowy tunes

as I wept till weary
at your love-filled wake.

I wish
my forgiveness
a morsel
of which you
freely partook;

not in anger
sadly forsook.

Since your leaving?
My lost;
a tragic mistake.

I hope to again see you
soon.

Hear your guitar
wistfully playing

under another
silvery moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment