Tuesday, January 5, 2016

O Beautiful Butterfly

O Beautiful Butterfly

by Seah Greenhorn
(Poem with copyright)


O Beautiful Butterfly
Humility

sometimes you fly
beyond my reach.

Although you may
settle on me
briefly
as I preach
a more peaceful way.

But then
you lift yourself
swiftly away,

usually
in the midst
of bigotry's fray.

I am sorry
not to notice
your departure

until I pray
"Forgive me for my words
or the things
that I think to say."

Your elusiveness
is a mist

here today. O how do I maintain
your quality divine
as races promote
a nationalistic spine?

Or

why should I be labeled
traitor
if I choose

not to solely project
my native design

or if I suppress the desire
to separate and associate

with only my kind?

Grace is your presence.
Delicately you align
yourself with the meek

who seek unity.

You do not alight onto
anger's flame to torch your wings.

Yet,
like you, I've learned to stretch
and escape my casings

with musings upon spiritual things.

And I too know that
fine qualities takes time to
develop and consistently grow.

But when it bursts forth,

O how heavenly!
O how sublime!

O Beautiful Butterfly
Humility

Please settle on me.

For only then
will Eternity
be mine.


Based upon:
“Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth." Matt. 5:5

“God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.” James 4:6.

No comments:

Post a Comment