Sunday, February 7, 2016

What Speaks Louder?

What Speaks Louder?

by Seah Greenhorn
(Poem with copyright)





Such lovely thoughts
poetically expressed.

Honey dripped phrases
trickling, tingling finely
my inner ears
and warm sponging
my delicate curved spine.

I watch closely your lips
moving my motives
sweet gently to tears.

How winsome your words!
How wise beyond years.

So thoughtful and heartfelt.
Much more than your peers.

Your counsel... profound.
Your advice... practical
to which one wants to strictly adhere.

Yet, your worldly-wise works

impale me;
drive my reason
to fear.

You see...
I breathe to feel
that you meant
what you prayed.

Yet, your concealed revealed
actions
shove honesty
.............................................away.

Since lifestyles
do preaching
mere words
should not play.

They inspire to soar
like birds to the sky
then twisted conduct does slay
weakened faith to soon die.

However,

when confronted
adamantly you demand:

"Just do what I say!
Just do what I say!"

As if
actions personal
can't words nullify.

Do you not know?
Have you never heard?

Actions speak Louder
than many a word.

If they should us hear
real 'Truth' ever clearer,

this proof solid
found in the Bible,

One must
Practice
what we
Preach.

For this is what the masses

Also

He
holds
much dearer.



No comments:

Post a Comment