Monday, February 15, 2016

Stress...Spice of Life or Kiss of Death?

Stress...Spice of Life or Kiss of Death?

by Seah Greenhorn
(poem with copyright)




How are you?

"Oh...
I am blessed!"

Their response
left me feeling
less.

True,

when under
duress
my outward form
may not persona...
my best.

By why do some
seem to sail on
at sea's tranquil ease

while I fight
with canvas might
not to tilt the boat
then end at
a watery

imposed rest?

What key do they possess
to unlock
a frazzled mind?

How do I leave
panick attacks
behind

as my heart beats
the fleet of a humming bird's
wings?

What beauty!

Their fluttering sounds
a delicate whisper.

Though the thump
inside me

as the village drum--

a call to arms
for the tragic outcome.

A funeral. With my arms
cross my chest.

After me hitting the ground
with an indelicate
pound.

No grace or dignity
as I smash my head
to cement. Then bleed
Instead.

Okay...

Am I too mental?
Need a room to be confined?

Please tell me the secret!

Is it hard to find?

Since said:

"The American Psychological Association has noted:

“Stress is to the human condition what tension is to the violin string:

too little and the music is dull and raspy;

too much and the music is shrill or the string snaps.

Stress can be the kiss of death or the spice of life.

The issue, really, is how to manage it.”"

Really?

How do I manage it
before it ends my life?

Before I surrender to the bell's toll
I'll take a breathe
listen to soft music
or take a nice leisurely stroll.

Then begin the search
for what represents

Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment