Friday, October 9, 2015

Have You Ever Wondered....

Have You Ever Wondered....

by Seah Greenhorn
(Poem with copyright)



Constant pounding and proclaiming.
Lord Almighty! His words so draining.
There's a party everywhere. 
Why such dire words said to scare?

Can one man proceed so strong
amidst this mighty vicious throng?
Does his family even care
their reputations thus to spare?

Surely, who is he to see
a future dark through prophecy?
Look around you, who does shutter
at these thoughts you choose to mutter?

If I enter that wooden door
just to take a little peek
all my friends and even strangers
will consider me as weak.

But as I watch him carry onward
in intensity he does perform
an enormous occupation
as if for this case he were born.

Could his work, his proclamation
really fill our needs, this void?
Rid the land of degradation?
Can destruction I too avoid?

If I wait closely in shadows
listening for the final horn...

No, I'd much rather chance a deluge
than face their ridicule and scorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment